Pre- and Post-Surgery Therapy
Why You Need Rehab
Catonsville and Owings Mills Post-Surgery Therapy
Rehabilitation using post-surgery therapy after back or orthopedic surgery is a critical component of a successful recuperation. In many cases, a patient’s ability to return to their regular activities relies on physical therapy. Our physical therapists help identify your body’s imbalances after surgery and work to retrain your body in order to regain normal movement, flexibility, stability, and function.
There are several benefits to post- operative physical therapy. Among the benefits are decreased risk of post-surgical complications, faster healing, and improved circulation. Our goal is to return you to your pre-surgery or injury activity level. Your post-operative therapy may include:
- Passive and active muscle building exercises
- Gait analysis and retraining
- Improving range of motion through flexibility exercises
- Manual therapies
- Pain modulation and inflammation control via use of heat, ice, and massage
- Education and home exercise instruction
Pre-Surgery Therapy Can Speed Recovery
A successful post-operative outcome often starts with pre-surgery therapy. Most people are familiar with the benefit of post-operative physical therapy. However, many are unaware of the benefits of structured pre-surgery therapy has on recovery. Our goal is to ensure a successful post-operative outcome by helping you be at your full physical and mental potential before surgery. Your pre-operative therapy will help you:
- Mentally prepare for your upcoming surgery
- Improve muscle strength and control around the injured area
- Prepare for post-surgery by familiarizing you with exercises
- Reduce pain and inflamation
- Improve your overall fitness
- Stretching and Pain Relief Exercises
- Manual Therapies
Request An Appointment
Specialized Care for Your Physical Therapy Needs
At Lee Miller Rehab, we are your strongest proponents for rehabilitation. We believe that being well-informed about your specific health situation is the first step in your recovery. We will educate you on the specific aspects of physical therapy that will provide you with the best outcome. We will work closely with you and monitor your progress, making adjustments along the way that will speed your healing.
If you have any questions or are would like to request an appointment, please fill out the form, and a member of our team will follow up with you ASAP.